- 4 strips bacon, *approximately – used 1/2 slice of bacon for each scallop.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper, fresh cracked
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel.
- In a large pan, start to crisp bacon. Cook bacon until golden brown – but still soft and pliable.
- In a small bowl, mix salt, pepper, and garlic and then sprinkle generously over scallops.
- Wrap each scallop with 1/2 bacon strip and secure by pushing a toothpick through the bacon and scallop.
- In another small bowl, mix brown sugar and ginger.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and ginger mixture all over scallop, but reserve much of the sugar and gigner to sprinkle after the scallops flip once.
- Heat butter in large pan until foamy and melted.
- Add scallops to pan and cook on medium high heat. Flip after 5-6 minutes, sprinkle with more sugar and ginger, and continue repeating steps until scallops are cooked.