- 2 ahi tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola
- salt and black pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper optional
- green onions for serving (optional)
- Salad greens for serving (optional)
Cover tuna steaks with soy sauce, oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Optional: marinate in a container or bag for ten minutes (or overnight).
Heat a medium skillet on medium high until hot.
Sear tuna for 2.5 minutes on each side for medium rare (2 on each side for rare; 3 on each side for medium).
Slice into 1/2 inch slices and serve garnished with green onions and, if you wish, over a bed of salad greens with your favorite Asian-style dressing.